Transforming Youth Curriculum
Transforming Youth, Inc (TYI) program teach life skills that runs in (7) month intervals. TYI Program will focus on building leaders, increasing confidence, understanding self respect, understanding the value of treating others like you want to be treated, and a host of other life skills. In today's society, youth are missing simple life skills such as non-verbal and verbal etiquette, proper posture, eye to eye contact while speaking, how to deal with peer pressure, bullying, how to ask for what you want and a host of other life skill related opportunities in which they will learn through TYI Program.
TYI Curriculum will be taught in a very interactive way in which the instructor will teach the topic, while the youth learns the topic. Next, the instructor will provide real world examples from the topic, which will enhance the learning from the topic. The instructor will then monitor the youth behavior throughout the curriculum to reward when the youth is exhibiting positive habits from the topics. In addition, the youth will work in groups to build team building skills. Working in groups will help the youth learn tools on how to manage conflicts within groups.Their will be field trips to expand on lessons taught in the classroom.The youth will be assigned mentors which will further help develop, expose, encourage and educate the youth.
What is the Disciple Cross Masterlife?
TYI first program is called The Disciple Cross (Masterlife). Masterlife is a developmental, small- group discipleship process that will help develop a lifelong, obedient relationship with Christ. Christian Discipleship is developing a personal life long relationship with Jesus Christ in which He transforms your character into Christ likeness; change your values into Kingdom values; and involves you in His mission in the home, the church and the world.
The Disciple Cross is the first of four books in that discipleship process. Through this study the youth will develop a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ as he leads you to develop six biblical disciplines of a disciple.
What are the Six Key Disciplines
1. Spend Time with the Master – You will evaluate your discipleship and will focus on Christ as the center of your life.
Memory Verse – “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:31-32)
3. Pray in Faith – You will grow your
relationship with Christ by praying in faith
Memory Verse – “If you remain in me and my words
remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you: (John 15:7)
with Believers – You will experience growth in Christ through relationships
in his body.
Memory Verse – “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples if you love one another” John 13:34-35)
5. Witness to the World – You will bear
witness of Christ and your relationship with Him.
Memory Verse - “This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples” (John 15:8)
to Others – You will minister to others as you take up your cross and
Memory Verse – “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13)
How will the youth grow by going through the Masterlife Component
1. You will discover that denying yourself , taking up your cross, and following Christ is such an exciting and challenging adventure that it will become the top priority in your life.
2. You will understand what it means to abide, or
live in Christ and you will experience the peace, security, and purpose that
abiding in Christ brings.
3. You will experience the assurance and confidence
that come from living in the world.
4. You will develop new skills for studying
and interpreting the bible.
5. You will experience new power in prayer as you
learn to pray in faith
6. You will experience deeper fellowship with other
7. You will discover the joy of sharing Christ
8. You will observe that
Christlike attitudes develop naturally and spontaneously in your life.
- Dependence of God
- Love for People
- Confidence in People
- Desire to serve God
- Concern with the Unsaved
What are the 7 Habits?
- Be Proactive – Take
Responsibility for your life.
- Begin with the End in Mind – Define your mission and goals in life.
- Put First Things First – Prioritize, and do the most important things first
- Think Win-Win – Have an everyone-can-win attitude
- Seek first to understand, and then be understood – Listen to people attentively.
- Synergize – Work together to achieve more.
- Sharpen the Saw – Renew yourself regularly.
Benefits of Implementing the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
- Define your
values and what matters most to you
- Work smart not hard
- Increase your self confidence
- Be Happy
- Find balance between school, work, friends and everything else
Failing Forward Component - This lesson will teach the youth that failure is the price you pay for success. Failure is a good thing when you learn how to change your perspective on failure. Failure creates disappointments, however the faster the youth learn how to shift that disappointment into a testimony or learning experience the more the youth will enjoy life. It's not a matter of if you will fail, but when you fail, how do you you respond to failure. Failure is not an event, but a process. For example, if a youth fails a class, this event did not cause him to fail, but the process of studying caused the youth to fail. The student will receive a copy of book Failing Forward by John Maxwell.
Example of Failing Forward
The Power of Broke Component - This book speaks on principles of being authentic and how to find ways to maximize where you are right now. The youth will learn the following principles:
1. Look under ever rock for resources to help you become successful, then use them wisely.
2. Be authentic and be humble. You will find the more people will help you more if you are.
3. Optimize everything in your life; especially your time. The most precious resource as an entrepreneur
4. Remember, you are awarded for solving other peoples problems, or fulfilling an unmet need in the marketplace.
5. Put all your purpose and passion behind what you are doing.
6. Appreciate everyone you meet on your path to success.
7. Look beyond the moment especially when it don't look so hot.
8. Always expect to be successful and then go make them happen by keeping your goals and dreams in front of you at all times.
Examples of Power of Broke Principles
Turning Boys into Men Component - A multicultural behavior approach to help young males increase awareness and gain skills to develop into mature men in their personal, family and community relationships?
Lessons being Covered
- Intro to Manhood
- Preparing Boys to Be Men Who Lead
- Supporting your Peers
- Health and Fitness
- Male-Female Relationships
- Respect for Women – Part 1
- Respect for Women – Part
- Manhood and Mass Media (Making Since of Music, TV and Print)
- How to handle people who treat you unfairly
- How to deal with Authorities
- Learning to Prevent Violence, Manage Conflict and Select Real Friends
- Fast Money vs. Honest Money (Becoming a Success)
- Becoming a mature, well rounded Man